While we did complete our cross country travels at the end of August, I did not complete the blog posts. We have been busy settling into a rental house and resuming our homeschool routine. More on that later. :-)
After the day we had at the Smithsonian Museums, we decided to visit Six Flags America (Baltimore/Washington, D.C.).
Although this is a smaller park, here are a few benefits that I noticed:
- The park was not crowded. It could have just been the day we visited, but nevertheless, it was nice.
- The park was very clean.
- There were a lot of beautiful flowers, which attracted TONS of butterflies!
- Two large kid's areas with lots of fun rides!
- Several thrill rides including Apocalypse (a 10-story stand up steel coaster), Batman's Batwing Coaster (my husband's personal favorite), Superman: Ride of Steel (a close second favorite at 20 stories high), and ROAR (a wooden coaster).
|Superman: Ride of Steel|
- We listened to patriotic music and enjoyed the displays throughout the park.
- We witnessed filming for Fright Fest.
We were able to get through the entire park early enough to get back to the campground and go swimming. It was a fun family day. If you are in the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area, I would definitely recommend a day trip to Six Flags America. Tomorrow we will re-visit the National Mall.