Do you love to use bath bombs, but don't want the expense of buying them? (I can't be the only one who thinks they are crazy expensive?!?) I can make my own with all natural ingredients for a fraction of the cost. Plus my kids love them too! When I make them for the kids, it's fun to hide a small toy inside for a fun bath time surprise. Or make really small bath bombs for a relaxing foot soak.
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup epsom salt
3/4 cup corn starch
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp oil of choice (I use sweet almond oil)
2 Tbsp water
40 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (I use Young Living oils)
Liquid coloring if desired
Dried Lavender flowers if desired
1. Combine the dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid, epsom salt, & corn starch) in a bowl and mix.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, water, essential oil, and liquid coloring. Mix well.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients a few drops at a time. Mix well with hands. Add dried flowers if desired.
4. Mixture should hold together when squeezed without crumbling. You may need to add a small amount of additional water to achieve this.
5. Quickly push the mixture into molds. Press in firmly and let sit for at least 24 hours or until hardened.
6. When dry, remove and store in air tight container or bag. Use within 2 weeks.
These also make great gifts! When I am giving them as gifts, I like to include a card with the ingredients just in case someone has allergies. I am including a FREE download of this to you. Just click on the picture below.